Skip to main content

Kombolcha Hospital partially begins operation after being ransacked by TPLF fighters

 

ADDIS ABABA, DECEMBER 29, 2021 – Kombolcha Hospital, which had been ransacked and looted by the Tigray People’s Liberation Front (TPLF) fighters when they occupied Kombolcha town in November, has begun partial operation after acquiring some medical equipment.

Dr. Tefera Gobeze, Medical Director of the hospital, told Ethiopian News Agency (ENA) that the TPLF fighters looted the hospital and destroyed those materials which they could not carry with them.

Starting last week, the hospital began providing emergency services and services for pregnant women.

The hospital also began providing surgery after receiving medicines and material support from Alert Hospital, a government administered hospital in Addis Ababa.

The medical director also said that 90% of the hospital workforce has returned to their post and are committed to serve the community more than ever.

“Although the terrorists have destroyed the hospital, they have not destroyed our knowledge and motivation”, said Dr. Kumilachew Mesele, Coordinator of the Hospital’s Inpatient Treatment Unit.

TPLF terrorists have destroyed more than three thousand health facilities during their occupation of parts of Afar and Amhara regions in the past five months. In Afar, it destroyed 60 health centers while in Amhara they destroyed 40 hospitals, 453 health stations, 1,850 health posts, 4 blood banks and 1 oxygen factory.

Comments

Check out our popular posts.

EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Tedros’ Misconduct Defiles The WHO & Disrespects His Compatriots

This objective observation alone should be enough to relinquish him of his duties. The longer that he remains in his role, the worse that the WHO and its UN parent organization’s reputation will become. By Andrew Korybko —  American political analyst Ethiopia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs filed an official objection to the misconduct practiced by World Health Organization (WHO) Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus. They drew attention to how he’s consistently abused his high office to meddle in his homeland’s internal and foreign affairs. He’s also accused of continuing to remain a member of the terrorist-designated TPLF that’s responsible for bringing untold suffering upon millions of people in northern Ethiopia as a result of the war that it started in early November 2020. Furthermore, the objection details other examples of Dr. Tedros’ misconduct. For instance, he’s accused of inflating the emergency level in Ethiopia in order to warrant a humanitarian interven

EXCLUSIVE: The Nobel Committee Has A Mistaken Assessment Of PM Abiy’s Commitment To Peace

With all due respect to this prestigious organization, the Norwegian Nobel Committee needs to reassess its understanding of the ongoing situation in Ethiopia. It’s the TPLF, not PM Abiy, that’s responsible for continuing the war. By Andrew Korybko —  American political analyst Chair of the Norwegian Nobel Committee Berit Reiss-Andersen said in a statement to AFP that “As Prime Minister and winner of the Peace Prize, Abiy Ahmed has a special responsibility to end the conflict and contribute to peace. The humanitarian situation is very serious and it is not acceptable that humanitarian aid does not get through sufficiently.” This is a mistaken assessment that’s inconsistent with the facts. PM Abiy has consistently worked towards peace in his country but it was victimized by a US-led Hybrid War of Terror waged by TPLF proxies who wanted to seize power at all costs. Even so, the Ethiopian leader still recently made enormous strides towards that end following the TPLF’s c

TPLF has began massacring civilians in Raya and May-Tebri

Conflict zones from Dec 2021 to Jan 2022 [Picture: ACLED/EPO] ADDIS ABABA, JANUARY 12, 2022, — Immediately after Tigray People's Liberation Front (TPLF) terrorists claimed they have halted their offensive, they began shelling Aballa town, Afar region, killing civilians including children and now reports are surfacing that they are committing massacres on civilian population in Raya and May-Tebri. "The official talk is as if we were in postwar period. But as we speak now TPLF is again brutally attacking our people in Raya and Mai-Tebri. I have received reports that TPLF soldiers massacred civilians in Waja and Addis-kegn villages of Raya", said Belete Molla, Minister of Innovation and Chairman of the opposition party National Movement of Amhara (NAMA). Brook Abegaz, another opposition figure who ran in elections independently in Wollo, said that TPLF forces have already captured northern part of Raya and Wag and he said they have already started building trenches. He al